Macaw™ is the hot new Health & Fitness app from The Prevention Plan™ that transforms the smartphone into the ultimate personal health monitor connecting many popular health & fitness apps and wireless devices.
Unlike other available health and fitness apps, Macaw is based on the clinical science of preventive medicine and is universally designed for people who exercise regularly as well as those who are novices when it comes to physical activity. Macaw syncs with The Prevention Plan allowing Members put better health in their pocket.
Macaw will help individuals assess their health and track exercise, weight, calories, biometrics and more. Designed by Fjord, the leading design consultancy responsible for sites including Yahoo! And Foursquare, Macaw includes games and prizes that make getting healthier less like a chore and more like fun. Industry experts named Macaw among the best – CTIA 2011 Hot for the Holidays Finalist for Health & Wellness andFitness Buff. Macaw has also been named as a finalist in the Consumer Electronics Show Mobile App Showdown - the only health & fitness app to make the top ten this year.
Macaw Features include:
- 7 questions to quickly assess your health
- GPS to track exercise
- Ability to set goals and track weight and calories
- Reminders about recommended preventive screenings based on age and gender
- Activity and knowledge cards that unlock chances for weekly prizes
Additional features for members of The Prevention Plan include:
- A link to the Prevention Score, a unique tool that tracks an individual’s prevention efforts and key health indicators throughout the year
- Activity auto-uploaded to The Prevention Plan
- Exercise, weight and calories synced
Macaw is the ultimate health hub, connecting an individual’s health apps and wireless devices for tracking weight, fitness, overall activity and biometrics – including pedometers, glucose meters, activity armbands, scales, mobile weight loss apps and blood pressure cuffs – into a single app for complete tracking.