The Prevention Plan™ makes it easy to get members motivated and moving toward health goals based on their current health risks.
Here’s how The Prevention Plan™ works:
Step 1: Online Health Risk Appraisal is completed.
Step 2: Blood tests result and vitals are collected.
- We assess the status of their health now and in the future through a comprehensive questionnaire.
- Results are posted in each individual’s Personal Health Record, a completely secure online storage space for all health records.
- Members can store medical information in this area — such as lab results, surgeries, immunizations — which is password protected and available anytime from any Internet connection.
- Professionals from a national laboratory perform blood draws in the workplace or at a convenient offsite clinical lab.Over 40 different tests will be analyzed, making it much more thorough than the blood tests performed at a routine physical. We make all the arrangements.
- Biometric measurements are taken such as height, weight and blood pressure.
- Results of the lab tests will be posted in each members’ Personal Health Record, with their Health Risk Appraisal results.
Step 3: The Personal Prevention Plan is delivered.
Based on the results of the Health Risk Appraisal, blood tests and biometric measures, each member receives a customized Personal Prevention Plan.
Step 4: Work begins toward health goals.
- The top health and lifestyle risks are identified and individuals are provided with step-by-step recommendations to lower their health risks and prevent diseases.
- A physician (often a community physician) reviews all results and provides the member with written recommendations about his or her health status.Screenings, tests and exams are suggested.
- A summary of lab results and vitals is provided.
- A summary of the preventive benefits covered by the member’s health plan is provided (when purchased through employer)
- A personalized, easy-to-understand Prevention Plan Report is available online and can be mailed to each member to increase the potential of engaging the member to take action.
Each member will find their own customized Health Dashboard on The Prevention Plan™ website. Action Programs and a progress meter give participants an instant snapshot of where they are in their quest for more good years.
- RN Advocates provide members with expert coaching, health education and encouragement every step of the way. Members can speak to an RN any time of the day or night.
- Action programs, which are typically 8-10 week programs, address key health areas such as nutrition, weight management, smoking cessation, depression, lowering cholesterol and more.
- The progress meter tracks and encourages progress all along the way.
- E-mail and telephone alerts, as well as reminders about needed screenings, motivate and assist.
- Members have unlimited online access to an entire library of resources including health news, “how-to” videos and medical animations.
- Discounts on weight management, fitness programs and other complementary care services, offered by national Prevention Partners*.
Step 5: Prevention Score - Rewards are earned for achieving goals.
The Prevention Plan offers an innovative feature – the Prevention Score – that allows employers to measure and reward individuals’ prevention efforts. The more a Member engages in The Prevention Plan – Challenges, Action Programs, Activity Trackers, RN Coaching, and more – the more points they earn in their Prevention Score.
Employers can customize incentives and rewards according to the Prevention Score range achieved, while protecting employee privacy.
Built-in rewards* are offered for consumers redeemable for gift cards for national retailers such as Home Depot®, Target®, Books-A-Million™, Amazon.com® and more.
* U.S. Preventive Medicine, Inc. receives no compensation from Prevention Partners. All discounts and rewards are negotiated as an added-value service to Members.